Search

BOOK REVIEW: I see you - Claire Mackintosh


I See You had me from the first page. The storyline is so unique and the mystery is so present through out. It has a real 'who-dun-it' feel to the book all the way through and I DID NOT see the end coming!

Thoughts: 


I would highly recommend this book to those wanting to get into the thriller genre. It's tense, its gripping and its easy to follow whilst still keeping you guessing for the villain! I loved how unique the plot was, somebody stalking women's commutes on the underground and posting their photo in the local newspaper- juicy or what!


In a nutshell: I would seriously recommend this one to all thriller lovers- it was so good that I speeded through it in 2 days, and stayed up far too late at night to finish it (thank god that the fear level wasn't high enough to keep me up at night!) So clever and I honestly did not predict the ending- which is such a big factor in rating a thriller if you ask me! Pacey, tense and fills you with doubt for every single suspect!

Fear level: Medium- more tense and exciting than scary!


Stars: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Favourite quote: “Sometimes shit just happens, and you have to deal with it in the best way you can.”

On the cover: 
Illustration: unknown 
Published by: 2017 by Sphere

Blurb:  

When Zoe Walker sees her photo in the classifieds section of a London newspaper, she is determined to find out why it's there. There's no explanation: just a grainy image, a website address and a phone number. She takes it home to her family, who are convinced it's just someone who looks like Zoe. But the next day the advert shows a photo of a different woman, and another the day after that.

Is it a mistake? A coincidence? Or is someone keeping track of every move they make...

No comments

Post a Comment